Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Remembering a dinner with Karen and Coach John. – Fred Klonsky

Remembering a dinner with Karen and Coach John. – Fred Klonsky
REMEMBERING A DINNER WITH KAREN AND COACH JOHN.

Singing back-up with Karen Lewis at my 2012 retirement party. “Take a load off, Fanny.”



There will be and should be plenty of those who will talk about the union leader, Karen Lewis, who died yesterday at the young age of 67.

I remember one memorable evening in New Orleans.

Anne and I were there on a brief holiday.

My cell phone notifications went off and it was a message from Karen Lewis

“I see on Facebook you’re in town. I’m down here for an AFT meeting and I need to get out of here. I need a break. What if you find a place for dinner and meet up with me and John?”

“Sure thing,” I texted back.

I booked a table for four at the Upperline, out of the French Quarter and a block CONTINUE READING: Remembering a dinner with Karen and Coach John. – Fred Klonsky