Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

3-10-14 @ The Chalk Face

@ THE CHALK FACE:






On Vouchers In General and Particularly the 2014 All-voucher Arizona Push
Over the past year, I have received three glossy mailouts telling me that I can “enroll my child in private school for free.” The last one included the message, “Time is running out!” and added, “Is your child stuck in a failing school? Send them to a private school for FREE.” Nothing is “for free.” […]


What’s with all the white men in #edreform debates (PS, I’m a white dude)?
Let me begin. I am a white dude. I repeat: I am an average, everyday, Irish, white guy. Let me continue. When I earned my PhD in 2009, I wrote about the lack of men in education, internationally, and the various stereotypes that preclude their entrance into teaching, plus solutions to overcoming the diversity problem […]

Writing Is a Journey: Thoughts on Writing, College, and the SAT
Writing Is a Journey: Thoughts on Writing, College, and the SAT. via Writing Is a Journey: Thoughts on Writing, College, and the SAT.

American Hustle: Ignoring Poverty in U.S. Needs More than 50-Year Anniversary

American Hustle: Ignoring Poverty in U.S. Needs More than 50-Year Anniversary. via American Hustle: Ignoring Poverty in U.S. Needs More than 50-Year Anniversary.Filed under: PAUL THOMAS: Becoming Radical


3-10-14 @ The Chalk Face
@ THE CHALK FACE: A User-friendly Tutorial on IRS 990sOne of the panel discussions in which I participated at the first annual Network for Public Education (NPE) conference was on investigative journalism. I chose to use my twelve minutes to only touch the surface on using IRS 990s (the tax forms for nonprofit organizations) as a research tool. In this post, I would like […]3 by deutsch29 / 8h  3-