Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Daily Kos: Thinking about schools - something to share

Daily Kos: Thinking about schools - something to share:


Thinking about schools - something to share

that I encountered because Diane Ravitch wrote about it. Jere Hochman is the Superintendent of Schools for the Bedford Central School District in Westchester County, just north of New York City.  He has recent piece on his personal blog, Thinking About Schools, titled 10 Executive Actions "To our posterity" that is in the form of a letter to President Obama about things he can do to make a difference, a real difference, in the lives of our young people.
Hochman's post very much caught my attention, so I asked him for permission to cross-posted it here an perhaps add some commentary of my own.  In giving me permission, he told me he often reads my posts here or sees them on Twitter, where he writes as @jhstl -  and I would suggest that if you, like me, care about good thinking on public education, you might want to follow him, as I now do.
I suggest you continue below the cheese-doodle to see what he posted, which by itself is worth your time.  I will offer a few thoughts of my own as well.