Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, February 17, 2013

LAUSD: Follow The Money by Joseph Kaye - Perdaily.com

LAUSD: Follow The Money by Joseph Kaye - Perdaily.com:


LAUSD: Follow The Money by Joseph Kaye

Mensaje se repite en Español)
Follow the money.jpg

I have to do this my way. You tell me what you know, and I'll confirm. I'll keep you in the right direction if I can, but that's all. Just... follow the money.

-Deep Throat, "All the President's Men" (1976)

If you want to know the direction LAUSD School Board President Monica Garcia and new candidate Kate Anderson want to take the Los Angeles School District after the upcoming election, then follow the money. In this case following the money isn't difficult because there is just so damn much of it. Start with an astounding quarter of a million dollars by Eli Broad, Superintendent Deasy's mentor and puppet master, and another quarter million by fellow billionaire, Latino media magnate A. Jerrold Perenchio, formerly of Univision. Together they