Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, October 10, 2011

Occupy Wall Street: The Education Edition (Part 1) « Cooperative Catalyst #ows

Occupy Wall Street: The Education Edition (Part 1) « Cooperative Catalyst:

Occupy Wall Street: The Education Edition (Part 1)

I am very happy to say that I spent my weekend occupying Wall Street. During this time, I had the amazing opportunity to speak with people who are not only angry, but hopeful. They are individuals who protest our country’s economic policies not out of hatred, but out of love for our country. They see the word democracy as more than just rhetoric. They view democracy as a dream that must be fulfilled in our lifetime. During the past two days, I spoke with students, teachers, and professors about their views on education and how it connects to their activism at Occupy Wall Street. I was interviewed by one woman