Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, October 10, 2011

DuPage retired teachers react to Rep. Senger’s pension aggression. « Fred Klonsky's blog

DuPage retired teachers react to Rep. Senger’s pension aggression. « Fred Klonsky's blog:

DuPage retired teachers react to Rep. Senger’s pension aggression.

Dear Rep. Senger,

I am extremely disappointed to hear that you have added an amendment to HB 3827 that strips pension trustees control of their pensions. Could you please explain why you have chosen this direction concerning HB 3827? We would like to invite you to our DuPage IRTA meeting on December 7 at the Greek Islands restaurant at noon so that you may explain, first hand, your amendment to this bill.

I eagerly await your response.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Christine Turney
President, DuPage IL Retired Teacher’s Association


Dear Representative Senger.

Dear Representative Senger,
I am delighted to tell you that I have hundreds of readers in DuPage County and in Naperville. I have had the honor of sharing my views on teacher pensions with the DuPage chapter of the Illinois Retired Teachers Association at a luncheon just last Spring.
You should know that I have reported on your foul attempt to take control of the Illinois public employee pension funds on my blog and have encouraged folks to contact you and their own representatives to express their displeasure.
We will express our displeasure once again in November of 2012.
Fred Klonsky
Teacher
Park Ridge Education Association