Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, October 10, 2011

Barbara C. Goodman: An Open Letter to Education Reformers | Education News

Barbara C. Goodman: An Open Letter to Education Reformers | Education News:

Barbara C. Goodman: An Open Letter to Education Reformers

Barbara C. Goodman, a teacher, writes that she wants her students to be prepared for life, not just the job market.

The following is an open letter to the education reform community by educator Barbara C. Goodman.

Dear Education Reformist,

We have been battling each other for a long time. You present clear ideas and data to support your reform agenda. I am not moved. It’s not because I am old, recalcitrant and averse to change. I balk because I know you are wrong. My heart tells me so.

In my family, being learned was second only to being healthy. My grandfather’s life