Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, October 18, 2010

Notes from Baltimore: Don’t leave before the last out… � JD2718

Notes from Baltimore: Don’t leave before the last out… � JD2718

Notes from Baltimore: Don’t leave before the last out…

I made my first trip to Camden Yards a few weeks ago. Sunday day game, Pettite’s return. Yankees up 3-1, but the Orioles chip back with one in the bottom of the 8th and there are playoff implications and one of the guys I’m with is itchy to go back to New York. What? Man, was I annoyed, and you forgive it eventually, but… I mean I’m glad I saw the park, and it was as good as everyone had told me, best in baseball I’d warrant, but these are the Yankees and I hate leaving early, even when the game is out of reach. We were in the car when the Orioles tied it against Mariano in the bottom of the 9th. We were halfway to Jersey when the Orioles opened the 11th with a single and a double and the win…

Don’t leave before the last out.

We, teachers and students, have been taking a beating against the reform movement. On the defensive all over