Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, October 23, 2021

THIS WEEK'S WILDNESS Dad Gone Wild Nobody reads it, everybody quotes it

  Dad Gone Wild – Nobody reads it, everybody quotes it.


THIS WEEK'S WILDNESS 
Dad Gone Wild 
Nobody reads it, everybody quotes it



A QUESTION OF MOTIVE
“In chess everyone had a pattern, a tendency. Average human players were invariably predictable. They had grooves in their brains, like furrows in a plowed field out in Beulah County. And the trick to being a great chess player, the masters said, was to be unpredictable. To get out of your groove.” ― Bruce Holsinger, The Gifted School I was working on Wednesday’s piece when the phone rang. Pickin
THE MAKINGS OF A BAD REALITY SHOW
“I know, right. I keep thinking” ― Peter Swanson, The Kind Worth Killing Part Saturday Night Live, part blind power grab, Governor Lee’s drive to reform the state’s education funding formula entered its second week just as befuddling, amusing, and horrific as it kicked off. In case you missed it, last week Governor lee announced the creation of a task force, consisting of a steering committee and
AN EXERCISE IN HUBRIS?
“Among other things, you’ll find that you’re not the first person who was ever confused and frightened and even sickened by human behavior. You’re by no means alone on that score, you’ll be excited and stimulated to know. Many, many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles. You’ll learn from them—if you want
AT FIRST BLUSH…
“My friends are gone and my hair is grey. I ache in places I used to play. And I’m crazy for love but I’m not coming on. I’m just paying my rent every day in the tower of song.” ― Leonard Cohen, Dance Me to the End of Love Well,

  Dad Gone Wild – Nobody reads it, everybody quotes it.