Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

A QUESTION ON NUANCE – Dad Gone Wild

A QUESTION ON NUANCE – Dad Gone Wild
A QUESTION ON NUANCE


“A good intention, with a bad approach, often leads to a poor result.”
― Thomas Edison

 

“When are you getting your vaccination shot?” My wife asked early last week.

“I don’t know. Sometime soon.”

“Why haven’t you already gotten it? What are you waiting for?”, she testily responded.

“I don’t know. Just been busy with other things. I’ll get it this week.”

“You’re not turning into one of “them’ are you?”, she asked half-jokingly.

“No. I’m not turning into one of “them”. I’m one of “those”. You know, those lazy people that just haven’t figured out when and where. You gotta remember I’ve been out and about since the beginning. Taking precautions, but still going about business. I’ll get it this week.” (which I did btw)

The conversation was a lighthearted one about a heavy subject. It was also a glimpse into how we process and hold conversations about public policy. Gone are the days when there was any kind of nuance involved. Instead, we demand adherence to one manifest or another.

This morning I was reading an article in the Washington Post about the podcast “Rhinestones and Cocaine”, created by the son of country singer David Allen Coe, which seeks to give an honest history of country music. Coe launched his first season to critical acclaim in 2017 but is just now releasing season two. Insisting on doing everything himself, and refusing to cash in on his success CONTINUE READING: A QUESTION ON NUANCE – Dad Gone Wild