Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Education Matters: Superintendent Greene says she supports staff, but her actions often speak louder than her words. + How teachers elected DeSantis and may do so again

Education Matters: Superintendent Greene says she supports staff, but her actions often speak louder than her words.
Superintendent Greene says she supports staff, but her actions often speak louder than her words.


Superintendent Green recently sent me a note. She was replying to something I had sent to the school board about the frustration so many teachers are experiencing. 

Thank you for sharing the posts you are seeing on Facebook. I understand how difficult this year is and the impact recent events have had our teachers and other staff.   We will continue to seek ways to support them throughout the year.  


It’s funny/not funny because I am not sure if she really understands how difficult it has been for some. If she did, that makes many of her choices that more inexplicable. Likewise, I haven’t felt the support from the district either something many of my peers can also relate to. 

Willfully out of touch, painfully ignorant, and disingenuous came to mind after I read her note. That being said, what if she was being sincere, what if she really thinks she understands how difficult the year has been for so many and thinks she has been supporting staff. What if?  

So being the helpful guy I am, I sent her some suggestions. If you have anything you think I have missed and CONTINUE READING: Education Matters: Superintendent Greene says she supports staff, but her actions often speak louder than her words.   



Education Matters: How teachers elected DeSantis and may do so again. - https://jaxkidsmatter.blogspot.com/2021/03/how-teachers-elected-desantis-and-may.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+blogspot/iYxgC+(Education+Matters)