Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007 #REOPENSCHOOLSSAFELY #openonlywhensafe

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007


A VERY BUSY DAY

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...

The latest news and resources in education since 2007

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...

The latest news and resources in education since 2007 - http://bigeducationape.blogspot.com/2021/02/this-week-in-education-larry-ferlazzos_27.html 



“It’s Like ‘Teaching Two Classes at Once’”
It’s Like ‘Teaching Two Classes at Once’ is the headline of my latest Education Week column. Four educators provide technical advice & instructional strategies to use when teaching the same class simultaneously online and in person. Here are some excerpts:
Three Accessible Ways To Search For & Find My “Best” Lists
(Note: I am going to publish this same post once each month to remind regular readers and inform newer ones about how to access my “Best” lists) As regular readers know, I have about 2,200 categorized and regularly updated “Best” lists. You can find all of them in broad categories here . The link to that page can also be found at the top right of my blog: My Best Of Series I also have them all on
Wednesday’s Must-Read Articles On School Reopenings
geralt / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : Biden moves to get all teachers a vaccine shot by the end of March is from The Washington Post. Today, I am directing every state to prioritize educators for vaccination. We want every educator, school staff member, and child-care worker to receive at least one shot by the end of this mo
WOW Statistic Of The Day: 117,000 Unaccompanied Expected This Year
I have expected large numbers of unaccompanied minor refugees would be coming to the United States this year (see 13,000 Unaccompanied Minor Refugees Expected In May ). However, even I was surprised to see the Department of Homeland Security’s estimate of 117,000 during 2021. As the Axios article states , that “exceeds the all-time record by 45%.” And any ELL educators knows how challenging that

MAR 01

Tuesday’s Must-Read Articles On School Reopenings
suvajit / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : As one Virginia school district prepares to reopen, educators and families balance Covid precautions and normal instruction is from CNN. This Ohio school reduced spacing measures and is open to all, 5 days a week is from CNN. What do we know about #PHLed reopening? Deal almost final, te
My Latest BAM Radio Show Is On the Most Helpful Teaching Advice We’ve Received in Our Careers
Unpacking the Most Helpful Teaching Advice We’ve Received in Our Careers is the topic of my latest ten-minute BAM! Radio Show. Emily Golightly, Chelonda Seroyer, Jenny Vo, and PJ Caposey joined me in the discussion, and they all have also contributed written commentaries to my Ed Week column. I’m adding it to All My BAM Radio Shows – Linked With Descriptions .

 Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007