Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007 #BLM #BLACKLIVESMATTER #BLACKHISTORYMONTH

 Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007


Finally, Google Creates A Central Teachers’ Hub For Its Amazing “Arts & Culture” Site
Google Arts & Culture has got to be one of the most amazing sites on the Internet. It’s full of interactive arts, history, social sciences – and more – experiences. Many of its activities are on various “Best” lists. However, it’s really been up to teachers to figure out on their own the best ways to utilize its resources in the classroom. Hey, that’s what we do. However, I’ve thought for quite a
Wednesday’s Must-Read Articles & Must-Watch Videos On School Reopenings
Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : CDC issues color coded guide for school reopening but could create more confusion in California is from Ed Source. Special education teachers grapple with risks of in-person classes: ‘An impossible choice’ is from Ed Source. Biden on schools: “The goal will be 5 days a week” is from Axios. It’s a heck of
My Latest BAM! Radio Show Is On Teaching With Primary Sources
My latest ten-minute BAM! Radio Show is on teaching with primary sources . I’m joined in the conversation by Sarah Cooper, Kevin Smith, and Donna Shrum, who have all contributed written commentaries to my Education Week column. I’m adding it to All My BAM Radio Shows – Linked With Descriptions . .
“Six Strategies I Apply to Make My Distance Learning Classes Not Terrible”
Six Strategies I Apply to Make My Distance Learning Classes Not Terrible is the headline of my latest Education Week column. I share six key strategies I’m using in his distance learning classes, including developing student-leadership teams. Here are a couple of excerpts: I’m adding it to Best Lists Of The Week: Teaching Online Amid School Closures .
Tuesday’s Must-Read Articles On School Reopenings
Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : ‘It’s been scary’: getting vaccinated akin to lottery for US teachers is from The Guardian. Covid Vaccines for Kids Are Coming, but Not for Many Months is from The NY Times. Teachers at high risk for Covid-19 should have options for virtual learning, CDC chief Dr. Rochelle Walensky says following the age

 Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007