Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, December 27, 2020

Outrunning the Pandemic – Racing Through Gadfly’s Top 10 Stories of 2020 | gadflyonthewallblog

Outrunning the Pandemic – Racing Through Gadfly’s Top 10 Stories of 2020 | gadflyonthewallblog
Racing Through Gadfly’s Top 10 Stories of 2020




On most weekends back in the 1980s, you’d probably find me at TILT, the mall’s crowded video game arcade.

When I was about 12 – around ’86 or so – one of my favorite games was “Outrun” by Sega.

Ever play it?

In a cherry red Ferrari convertible with the wind blowing through my virtual hair, I’d race through various summer style environments from beach to forest, to mesa to mountains.

I even got to pick which song to play on the highway – something Latin, Caribbean, or just smooth and easy.

But the real kicker – the thing that really sold this wish fulfillment fantasy – wasn’t CONTINUE READING: Outrunning the Pandemic – Racing Through Gadfly’s Top 10 Stories of 2020 | gadflyonthewallblog