Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, December 27, 2020

My Goals For 2021 | Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...

My Goals For 2021 | Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...
MY GOALS FOR 2021




Yesterday, I shared Eight Teaching Concerns I Have Going Into 2021.

I thought it would be a good reflective exercise for me to follow that post with one sharing my goals for the next year, and thought that at least a few readers might find them interesting.

1. Of course, one major goal is that the eight concerns I listed yesterday get prevented, or at least are substantially alleviated.  I’m not holding my breath that I bat a thousand, but I hope that the worst case in most don’t come true.

2. In addition to maintaining my own physical and mental health, as I included in my concerns yesterday, I hope that everyone in my family can stay healthy and get vaccinated at the earliest possible opportunity.

3. I also want to make it through the end of the school year with my love for teaching still alive.  Of course, during a “normal” school year, that wouldn’t be in question.  But I’m sure I’m not alone thinking it might not be a sure thing now.

4. Katie Hull and I should finally finish the second edition of the ESL/ELL Teacher’s Survival Guide, which will be twice as long as the original.  We were first delayed by simultaneously editing three new books in the “Toolbox” series , which came out last spring (pro tip: never agree to edit three books at the same time) and, then, by the professional and personal chaos of the pandemic.  Though we have been able to do a little bit of CONTINUE READING: My Goals For 2021 | Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...


Big Education Ape: THIS WEEK IN EDUCATION Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007 - http://bigeducationape.blogspot.com/2020/12/this-week-in-education-larry-ferlazzos_26.html

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007



Pins Of The Week
I’m fairly active on Pinterest and, in fact, have curated 22,000 resources there that I haven’t shared on this blog. I thought readers might find it useful if I began sharing a handful of my most recent “pins” each week (I’m not sure if you can see them through an RSS Reader – you might have to click through to the original post). You might also be interested in MY MOST POPULAR PINS OF 2020 Here
How Could I Have Not Known How Easy It Is To Use Graphic Organizers In Jamboard?
htuuli / Pixabay I don’t know about you, but using graphic organizers in Google Drive has been a pain-in-the-butt for me. Yes, I know I can create them in Google Drawings, and I have been doing that, but it takes some time. Today, though, I learned a Google Drive trick that rivals MY MIND WAS BLOWN TODAY AFTER LEARNING HOW TO COLLABORATIVELY ANNOTATE PDFS ON GOOGLE DRIVE . I had not realized that
This Week’s “Round-Up” Of Useful Posts & Articles On Ed Policy Issues
Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in THE BEST ARTICLES, VIDEOS & POSTS ON EDUCATION POLICY IN 2019 – PART TWO ): Public Schools Face Funding ‘Death Spiral’ as Enrollment Drops is from The NY Times. 5 big questions facing Miguel Cardona, Biden’s pick for education secretary is from Chalkbeat. Arizona charter school got a PPP l
Special Edition: Around The Web In ESL/EFL/ELL
Note: Usually, I only post this regular feature once a week. This week, though, there are a lot of resources to share, so I’m posting twice to make space for all of them!) BiljaST / Pixabay Six years ago I began this regular feature