Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, December 20, 2020

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007

 Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007


Personal Reflections On My 2020 Professional Experiences
photosforyou / Pixabay I thought some readers might find it interesting, and I thought it would be a useful reflection exercise for me, if I reflected on my work around education over the past twelve months AND my hopes and concerns for 2021 (those 2021 thoughts will appear in a future post) I’ve already done a more “big picture” review in my annual Washington Post piece, The positively worst and
Most Popular Posts Of The Week
I’m making a change in the content of the regular feature. In addition to sharing the top five posts that have received the most “hits” in the preceding seven days (though they may have originally been published on an earlier date), I will also include the top five posts that have actually appeared in the past week. Often, these are different posts. You might also be interested in IT’S THE THIRTE
Ed Tech Digest
Nine years ago, in another somewhat futile attempt to reduce the backlog of resources I want to share, I began this occasional “” post where I share three or four links I think are particularly useful and related to…ed tech, including some Web 2.0 apps. You might also be interested in THE BEST ED TECH RESOURCES OF 2020 – PART TWO , as well as checking out all my edtech resources . Here are this w
Three New Short Christmas Videos That Are Great For ELLs
Couleur / Pixabay Here are four new additions to one my most popular posts, The Best Christmas Videos For English Language Learners – Help Me Find More (students can watch them and then talk and write about what they saw):
Around The Web In ESL/EFL/ELL
BiljaST / Pixabay Six years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention. You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2019 – PART ONE and THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2019 – PART TWO. A
This Week’s “Round-Up” Of Useful Posts & Articles On Ed Policy Issues
Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in THE BEST ARTICLES, VIDEOS & POSTS ON EDUCATION POLICY IN 2019 – PART TWO ): Two outsiders emerge as top contenders for Biden’s education secretary is from The Washington Post. New York City Will Change Many Selective Schools to Address Segregation is from The NY Times. Classrooms of the Fu
Excellent Video To Use When Teaching About Taking Responsibility For Mistakes
I do what has turned out to do a fairly effective lesson on taking responsibility, and use various articles and video clips (see The Best Resources For Helping Students (& The Rest Of Us) Learn The Concept Of Not Blaming Others ). Today, Army General Gustave Perna, the chief operating officer of Operation 

 Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007