Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, November 19, 2020

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

A VERY BUSY DAY
Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...
The latest news and resources in education since 2007


Big Education Ape: THIS WEEK IN EDUCATION Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007 - http://bigeducationape.blogspot.com/2020/11/this-week-in-education-larry-ferlazzos_14.html


A Look Back: Here’s The Video Of The Keynote I Gave At The VirtuEL Conference: “We will find a way or make one: Overcoming COVID-19 challenges facing ELLs & their teachers”
I thought that new – and veteran – readers might find it interesting if I began sharing my best posts from over the years. You can see the entire collection here . I’m starting with posts from earlier this year. mohamed_hassan / Pixabay The VirtuEL Conference took place earlier this year – it provides lots of great professional development sessions by ELL educators for ELL educators. This one was
Free Resources From All “My” Books
Every two months, I reprint this post so that new subscribers learn about these resources. I have many free resources, including excerpts and student hand-outs, available from all “my” books (“my” is quotation marks because several are ones I have co-authored or edited). Clicking on the covers will lead you to them. Look for a fourth book in my student motivation series (out in 2023) and a second
Thursday’s Must-Read Articles & Must-Watch Videos About School Reopenings
kalhh / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : After 8 months, D.C. Public Schools reopens buildings for more than 400 students is from The Washington Post. New York City schools closing because of rising coronavirus rates — and so are all schools in Kentucky is from The Washington Post. Why restaurants are open and schools are closed
“Distance Learning ‘Has Been OK, I Guess’: Students Share About This Year’s Experiences”
Distance Learning ‘Has Been OK, I Guess’: Students Share About This Year’s Experiences is the headline of my latest Education Week Teacher column. Four high school students write about their distance learning experiences this year, sharing mixed feelings, including liking not having to wake up early but also suffering from eye strain. Here are some excerpts:
The Best Science Sites Of 2020 – Part Two
It’s time for another “Best” list! I’ll be adding this list to I’m adding this post to ALL END-OF-YEAR “BEST” LISTS FOR 2020 IN ONE PLACE! You can see all previous editions of this Science list, along with other Science-related “Best” lists, here (Best lists on Planets & Space are here ). Let me know what I’m missing… This year’s Part Two list is much shorter than Part One: HENRIETTA LACKS WOULD
Three New Thanksgiving Teaching Resources
anncapictures / Pixabay Here are new additions to The Best Sites To Teach and Learn About Thanksgiving : Five Ideas to Change Teaching about Thanksgiving, in Classrooms and at Home is from The Smithsonian