Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Social-Distance Traveling during the Covid-19 Pandemic – radical eyes for equity

Social-Distance Traveling during the Covid-19 Pandemic – radical eyes for equity

Social-Distance Traveling during the Covid-19 Pandemic



For nearly a decade, I have been taking about a 2-week trip in July or early August for a cycling/brewery vacation. Many of the trips have been to Colorado, but also Asheville, NC and Fayetteville, AR (where I am sitting now).
To insure a good place to stay, reservations must be made many months ahead of this trip; so for the summer of 2020, I had secured and apartment near Old Town in Ft. Collins, CO many weeks before the reality of the Covid-19 pandemic occurred.
Beginning in early to Mid-March, my life has been changed significantly as it has been for most of the world. Also, I and my family as well as close friends have had to make decisions about how to navigate the pandemic in terms of social distancing.
Throughout the first phase of Covid-19, the shut-down phase, and into the phased-in reopening, I have taken a practical approach, recognizing the threat of the pandemic to myself and my communal responsibility.
I have maintained a semi-normal outdoor routine (I am an avid cyclist), but have stopped group riding (riding alone or with one or a very few other CONTINUE READING: Social-Distance Traveling during the Covid-19 Pandemic – radical eyes for equity