Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Who Wants to Return to Normal? | JD2718

Who Wants to Return to Normal? | JD2718

Who Wants to Return to Normal?




Well, everyone, right?  That was an easy question.
But maybe not.
In the last few days I have seen that view challenged in three ways. And all of them are worth thinking about.
First, let’s think about “return to normal” – that means before the pandemic?  But two months ago, it meant before Trump? How much of a difference is there?
  1. I saw this posted on Instagram:  
Image
The version I saw was attributed to Brené Brown, who tweeted: “I’ve seen this attributed to me, but it’s not my quote. After digging in, we found the original and it belongs to Sonya Renee Taylor. If you’re going to share these beautiful and powerful words – please use this image with her name. Attribution matters.”
Attribution fixed, it’s all good, as Brown indicates.
2. “… the pre-Trump period gave birth to — Trump! ”
Wow. Just wow. Dial things back to 2015, and we have a country about to propel Donald Trump to the CONTINUE READING: Who Wants to Return to Normal? | JD2718