Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Transcript of Campbell Brown’s Interview with Stephen Colbert | deutsch29

Transcript of Campbell Brown’s Interview with Stephen Colbert | deutsch29:



Transcript of Campbell Brown’s Interview with Stephen Colbert

August 3, 2014
On August 1, 2014, blogger Jersey Jazzman published an insightful post regarding former CNN news anchor Campbell Brown’s appearance on the Colbert Report on July 31, 2014, as she discussed her intention to abolish teacher job protections “for the children” first in new York and then in other states nationwide.
I know, I know.
On August 2, 2014, education historian Diane Ravitch posted Jersey Jazzman’s piece on Brown’s Colbert Report appearance. At the time, even though I hadresearched Brown’s background, I had not viewed her 8-minute interview. However, I found many of the comments on Ravitch’s posting to include some insightful points.
I decided I would watch the interview.
Then, I decided others might find it useful if I transcribed the Colbert-Brown exchange.
So I did.
Here it is:
And here is the link to the video interview.
Allow me to suggest reading the transcript then following with both Jersey Jazzman’s 08-01-14 post and the comments section on Ravitch’s 08-02-14 posting. (Both links are above.)
If you will do so, you will understand why there really is nothing more for me to add.
_______________________________________________________
____
____

Like my writing? Read my newly-released ed “reform” whistle blower, A Chronicle of Echoes: Who’s Who in the Implosion of American Public Education
NOW AVAILABLE ON KINDLE.