Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, May 9, 2014

Damn It Feels Good 2 Be A Reformer | EduShyster

Damn It Feels Good 2 Be A Reformer | EduShyster:



Damn It Feels Good 2 Be A Reformer



My day (and night) of living large
reform robeReader: since the moment I first learned of thedeluxe camp for education reformers in the Adirondacks being hosted by my friends at Democrats for Education Reform, I longed to join in the fun. But there was a problem. As a member of the press (technically) and a low net worth individual (most definitely), the exclusive doors of Camp Philos were shut tight against the likes of me. Then, genius struck, as it so often does around the cocktail hour. If I couldn’t actually attend Camp Philos, could I not try on DFER’s *reform robe* for a day (and a night)? Why yes I could! 
34212All this and more
I checked into my room(s) at Lake Placid’s exclusive Whiteface Lodge just as soon as DFER’s exercise in championing America’s public school children had wrapped up. But what to do first? Well that was obvious. Having already donned the robe of reform, I happily sampled the freshly baked chocolate chip cookie of college and career readiness that awaited me. But hark! There was someone at the door. Was it possible that DFER man knew of my arrival and had sent a bottle of Dom Perignon White Gold to welcome me? Alas, no; it was merely a member of the lodge’s extensive staff delivering ice door to door because, well, that’s how they roll here.
philos IIRarified air
It was time to for my self-guided exploration of Whiteface Lodge’s Damn It Feels Good 2 Be A Reformer | EduShyster: