Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, May 9, 2014

5-9-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:







May’s Best Tweets – Part Two
Every month I make a few short lists highlighting my choices of the best resources I through (and learned from) Twitter, but didn’t necessarily include them in posts here on my blog. I’ve already shared in earlier posts several new resources I found on Twitter — and where I gave credit to those from whom I learned about them. Those are not included again in post. If you don’t use Twitter, you can
Another Great Video For Mother’s Day: Kevin Durant’s MVP Speech
You probably have either seen or heard about Kevin Durant’s speech accepting the NBA Most Valuable Player award. He makes many moving comments, particularly about his mother. I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Learning About Mother’s Day:


Great Mother’s Day StoryCorps Animation: “Me & You”
I’ve previously posted about StoryCorps’ great series of animated videos. Here’s a new one that’s perfect for Mother’s Day: I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Learning About Mother’s Day.






5-8-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL: One-Minute “Ask Smithsonian” Videos Are Good To Watch & Are Useful Models For Student CreationsThe Smithsonian has a series of one-minute “Ask Smithsonian” videos that answer questions on a variety of topics. Here’s an example: There short, sweet and interesting to watch. But I plan on using them for something else, too