Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, February 16, 2014

My March Speaking Schedule | deutsch29

My March Speaking Schedule | deutsch29:



My March Speaking Schedule

February 16, 2014


How cool is it to be able to write such a post title?
I have two events in March, both out-of-state (i.e., not in Louisiana).
First, I will be a panelist at the first Network for Public Education Conferencein Austin, Texas, on Saturday, March 1 and Sunday, March 2. 
I am scheduled to be on a couple panels. However, the most popular will likely be the Common Core panel scheduled for Sunday morning, March 2, from 9 to 10:30 a.m.
Diehard Common Core promoter and American Federation of Teachers (AFT) President Randi Weingarten and I are to be on this panel together.
I plan to be both pointed and civil.
The panel format is such that I will have seven minutes to speak in opening and three minutes at the close. Thirty minutes will be devoted to audience questions.
In planning my seven-minute opener, I was wishing I might have some other venue in which to continue what I can only begin to say in seven minutes regarding Common Core.
As of today, it just so happens that I will have such an opportunity– at the Stop Common Core in New York State rally in Long Island on Saturday, March 29, 2014.
More details to come on the NY rally.