Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, January 31, 2014

1-31-14 @ The Chalk Face Gates Is Funding USDOE Conferences and “Innovations” – @ THE CHALK FACE

Gates Is Funding USDOE Conferences and “Innovations” – @ THE CHALK FACE:









Gates Is Funding USDOE Conferences and “Innovations”

What corporate reformers manage to devise continues to amaze me. I know. It shouldn’t. But it does. During my perusal of the latest Gates grants, I stumbled across a find that makes me tilt my head slightly to the right in contemplation of its creepy import: The US Department of Education is taking Gates money. […]by deutsch29 / 55min 
1-30-14 @ The Chalk Face
@ THE CHALK FACE: Response to Obama’s Early Childhood Education PlanPresident Obama promised us something in his State of the Union address that I think is bad news for our kids.  Here is the excerpt, with my reply underneath: Race to the Top, with the help of governors from both parties, has helped states raise expectations and performance. Teachers and principals in schools from Tennessee […]14