Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, January 10, 2014

1-10-14 Scathing Purple Musings | Color me purple in Florida

Scathing Purple Musings | Color me purple in Florida, red in Washington, dark sky-blue in Israel and public school in Education:





A Tale of Two Emails
Yesterday’s 107 minute news conference by New Jersey governor Chris Christie was taking place about the same time the story broke that disgraced education commissioner Tony Bennett had hired some top dollar lawyers to fight ethics charges revolving around his own email problems. I couldn’t help but notice the difference in the manner the two republican politicians dealt with clear evidence of wron
To My Readers: Thank You
Yesterday marked 200,000 views to Scathing Purple Musings. There are over 1400 posts archived here, virtually all of them on education policy. I started blogging in this space during March of 2011. Many of you have been with me from the start and have helped spread this link around. Some of you follow me every day. To all of you, thank you.
1-9-14 Scathing Purple Musings | Color me purple in Florida
Scathing Purple Musings | Color me purple in Florida, red in Washington, dark sky-blue in Israel and public school in Education: Florida’s Predictable Pro-Charter School Propoganda Begins AnewYou can be sure that the state’s charter school cheerleaders at redifinED will be trumpeting this Brookings Institute Report that gives Florida a “C” for “limited choice options.” Why it was just last week th