Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, January 10, 2014

1-10-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:





Here’s What I’m Having My ELL U.S. History Students Do As Their Semester “Final”
I’ve previously posted Here’s What I’m Having My ELL Geography Students Do As Their Semester “Final” and thought readers might find it useful to see what I’m having my ELL U.S. History student do for theirs next week. The final will be a simple reading followed by a prompt. They’ll be reading Why is studying history important?, followed by this prompt: According to the author, why is important to


Around The Web In ESL/EFL/ELL
I’ve started a somewhat regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention: Homework is from the British Council, and offers some very good ideas for ELL teachers. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Homework Issues. Motivation Revisited is by David Deubelbeiss. I’m adding it to
“My Best Posts On The Harlem Children’s Zone & Other ‘Promise Zones’”
My Best Posts On The Harlem Children’s Zone & Other “Promise Zones” is a new post over at my other blog, Engaging Parents In School. Today, President Obama announced grants to five communities designated at “Promise Zones” that are planned to replicate — more or less — the Harlem Children’s Zone, so I thought this “The Best…” list would be timely.
1-9-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL: This Week’s Round-Up Of Good Posts & Articles On Education PolicyHere are some recent useful posts on educational policy issues: A Bold New World: A Guide to the Local Control Funding Formula is from Ed Source, and is a “everything you want to know” guide to California’s new and, I hope, trendsetting law on school fundi