Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

10-22-13 @ THE CHALK FACE

@ THE CHALK FACE:





@ASCD forgets some “facts” about #commoncore
Yesterday this PDF produced by the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD) was printed and I found it in my mailbox. I’m not sure how it got there but my sense is that since I have been critical of the Common Core’s mandated high stakes assessments someone was trying to help me see that Common […]


Medicating ADHD in the Brave New World of High-Stakes Accountability
Medicating ADHD in the Brave New World of High-Stakes Accountability. via Medicating ADHD in the Brave New World of High-Stakes Accountability.


FedEd Celebrating Holidays with TFA Donations
FedEx has a thing for Teach for America: 2009 2008 And now for the holidays in 2013: Starting Nov. 1, FedEx will kick off the “FedEx One Rate, Countless Possibilities Through Education” promotion, giving customers across the United States a simple way to give the gift of education. Through Dec. 23, $1 from every FedEx […]


  
10-21-13 @ The Chalk Face
@ THE CHALK FACE: An Industry of Mediocrity?: How about Journalism?Careless, shoddy, flippant, thoughtless—these are the words that come to mind when I think about most journalism addressing education. There are a few shining examples of journalists doing their work (Valerie Strauss comes to mind), but mostly, those are the words. So when I saw  ‘An Industry of Mediocrity’ at The New York Times, a