Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 22, 2013

9-22-13 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:




A Collection Of New Learning Games
I’ve been accumulating links to new learning games (well, new to me, at least), and here they are: World Geography Games has quite a few games about…world geography. I’m adding it to The Best Geography Sites For Beginning & Intermediate English Language Learners. Inca Investigation is from The American Museum of Natural History. Students can play to learn about the…Incas. The China Game is ab

Infographic: “Concept and Logic Behind Typical Interview Questions”
I’m adding this infographic to The Best Websites For Students Exploring Jobs & Careers: Sample Questionnaire

Around The Web In ESL/EFL/ELL
I’ve started a somewhat regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention: David Deubelbeiss has created an excellent slideshow sharing modifications teachers can make for English Language Learners in the classroom. I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Learning Strategies To Teach ELL’s In Conten

Where I Post What In Social Media
I share a lot of resources and commentaries in various social media, and I thought readers might find it helpful if I share my strategies about where I post what. I had included a similar summary in Eight Ways To Build An Audience For Your Blog, and this is an update.  Apart from sharing links to most of my blog posts (from this blog and from my weekly columns in The New York Times and Education

This Week In Web 2.0
In yet another attempt to get at the enormous backlog I have of sites worth sharing, I’ve recently begin a regular feature called “The Week In Web 2.0.” It’ll be a short compilation of new decent sites that are worth noting, but maybe not necessarily worth a separate post and generally — though not always — not worthy of being on a “The Best…” list (let me know if you think I’m wrong in my assess
  
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Week… 9-21-13 …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EF
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFLLARRY FERLAZZO’S WEBSITES OF THE DAYThis Week’s “Round-Up” Of Good Articles & Posts On Education PolicyHere are some relatively recent good posts and article about education policy issues: Forever young: the new teaching career is by Mike Rose. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles Raising Concerns About Teach Fo