Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 22, 2013

9-22-13 @ THE CHALK FACE

@ THE CHALK FACE:

@TCF on Blog Talk Radio






My #BammyAwards Victory Speech
First, I have to clarify something: when someone wins an Oscar or an Emmy or a Grammy, is that called a “victory?”  Do they give a “victory speech?” If not, then I messed up the title of this post. Wait, according to Google, they’re called “acceptance speeches.” Damn. Fine.  This is where I will post […]

I just thought I would let the reader know…
… that while I was making a few Kindergarten literacy centers, I was watching Expendables 2 on Netflix. You read that right. That is all.

EPSLP: College Ready? Alliance Charter Corporation’s big scam
First published on Echo Park Patch on September 20, 2013 “If the American public understood that reformers want to privatize their public schools and divert their taxes to pay profits to investors, it would be hard to sell the corporate idea of reform.” — Professor Diane Ravitch “However, within this market, competition exists in several […]
All Week 9-21-13 @ THE CHALK FACE knows SCHOOLS MATTER
@ THE CHALK FACE knows SCHOOLS MATTER: All Week 8-10-13 @ THE CHALK FACE knows SCHOOLS MATTERTeacher Educators MUST Reject CAEP! @caepupdatesA few weeks ago it was AACTE that sold us out.  This week EdWeek published “Why the New Teacher Ed. Standards Matter“ By Mary Brabeck & Christopher Koch. According to Brabeck and Koch, the new CAEP standards are so damn good that blind acceptance of the s