Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Ed Notes Online: Baby, I'm Crazy While a NYC Parent Says I May Not Be

Ed Notes Online: Baby, I'm Crazy While a NYC Parent Says I May Not Be:

Baby, I'm Crazy While a NYC Parent Says I May Not Be

People -- some even in MORE -- have branded me as a "crazy" due to my constant assault on the UFT leadership.

Thus I was surprised to get this email from a parent activist, fairly newly minted (a year) activist -- someone who is enormously respected on so many levels -- who I had no idea read this blog who sent this.
Norm, I have to confess that when I first read your writings (only a little over a year ago), I was impressed but thought you might be a little bit of a wild-eyed radical. Now I see you as a paragon of reason and common sense and have absolute faith in your vision. I wish you were a wild-eyed radical, because that would mean the world we're actually in made more sense than it does. Thank you and keep writing always!
Glad to have another "crazy" on board. 

Albany Rally on Testing Draws 25,000 and some Pineapples and Hares


I didn't go because I ain't a-marching anymore -- this week.*

Leonie has some reports, the first with text of her speech and a video.

http://bcove.me/ltvtqi55

Video of massive rally in Albany today and my speech

The rally in Albany was massive today; with estimates of 25,000.  You can get a sense of the size from the video 





Black Agenda Report - Bill Thompson: The powerful lobbyists and their clients are making sure that Bloombergism will continue without Bloomberg


Freedom Rider: Et tu Bill Thompson?

Wed, 06/05/2013 - 00:03 — Margaret Kimberley