Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, March 18, 2013

School Tech Connect: Notes on the Revolution

School Tech Connect: Notes on the Revolution:


Notes on the Revolution

This is my favorite image from the recent Northside P.O.W.E.R. event. It's one of the organizers, Bridget Harris, reacting to the spectacular turnout and the perfectly executed march to the alderman's house.

Bridget Harris, Northside P.O.W.E.R. 
I'm posting it because I was reflecting on that marathon post from last night, in which I tried to list the many activities that the people in this mobilized city are going to in this one week alone. And that doesn't even include what's going on next week, which I'm pretty sure will make history.

My realization was that the current mayor, whose margin of victory over a deeply divided field was 62,305 votes.

That margin is trounced by the number of people who have been given the middle finger by this mayor and his appointed school board. The elected, representative school board ballot measure alone got about 65,000 votes.