Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Does anyone have half a ball? – @ the chalk face

Does anyone have half a ball? – @ the chalk face:


Does anyone have half a ball?

I post this with great reservation.  The last thing I want to do is give any time to the “Bee Eater” Michelle Rhee. And as @the chalkface blogger Kris Nielsen recently pointed out, Michelle Rhee is an absolute failure when it comes to creating meaningful changes that put “children first.”

michelle_rheeHowever, last week Michelle Rhee continued her promotional book tour and appeared on Real Time with Bill Maher.  Once again an opportunity for one of the few people that tend to “tell it like it is”(and he uses the F-word a lot) was absolutely wasted.
I know I was hard on Jon Stewart for his pitiful interview and others cautioned me and/or tried to convince me that “at least Stewart did ask her some hard questions.”  I of course responded with, “Sorry.  Not good enough.”  And I stand by that position and feel even more strongly that our supposed “friends” or people who are somewhat sympathetic to our cause (Bill’s sister is a teacher) need to be held, as Michelle says, “accountable.”
I know some have claimed that Bill Maher was tougher on her than Stewart and that he did bring up some other