Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday coffee. | Fred Klonsky

Saturday coffee. | Fred Klonsky:




Saturday coffee.

Popout.
Ten days ago I was having a catheter shoved through my major artery to check on the condition of my heart.
The results showed that I have a good heart and clear arteries.
Yesterday I had my annual physical and thanks to Mike the trainer, my new-found love of the gym and no access to the sweets that were always available in the teacher’s lounge, I am down twelve pounds from a year ago.
Mike the doctor said I could stop taking two of my drugs.
Anne and I celebrated by having dinner at Crosby’s Kitchen on Southport. I ordered the rotisserie chicken and mashed potatoes.
Hey. I was celebrating. I wasn’t going to celebrate with just lettuce.
Over Saturday coffee and Bob’s Red Mill Seven Grain hot cereal I read that Chicago is the fourth most miserable


From Seattle to Chicago. The case against high stakes testing.

March-19-flyer


Old school.

Mississippi John Hurt.
Popout