Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Teacher Writes: President Obama, Please Change Now - Living in Dialogue - Education Week Teacher

A Teacher Writes: President Obama, Please Change Now - Living in Dialogue - Education Week Teacher:


A Teacher Writes: President Obama, Please Change Now

Follow me on Twitter at @AnthonyCody
Today I am working to assemble the close to 400 letters the Campaign for Our Public Schools, spearheaded by Diane Ravitch, has collected in the past twelve days. They will be sent to the White House, the Department of Education, and made available for download. Today I am sharing one more, written by a math teacher from Southern California, Lori Walton.

Dear President Obama,

I have received an average of three emails per day from your campaign, sometimes signed personally by you or your wife Michelle, over the past several months. You have asked a lot of me in those emails. But most of all you have asked me to have your back.
I'm a team player, but I don't trust you Mr. Obama.
The emails began when I responded to a campaign call to get in touch with you, as you wanted to be in touch