Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, September 24, 2012

NYC Educator: Yes, I'm Happy to Help. Until They Dump Me in Two Weeks.

NYC Educator: Yes, I'm Happy to Help. Until They Dump Me in Two Weeks.:


Yes, I'm Happy to Help. Until They Dump Me in Two Weeks.

 by special guest blogger Suddenly ATR

The usual routine of office duties came to a brief halt today. See, the school I work at tries to recruit the best and the brightest of NYC. The best and brightest students usually have very concerned, involved parents. The problem is not all of these concerned, involved parents speak English. So today I was asked to call one interested parent in his native language (which I happen to speak) to tell him how to apply for the school, the benefits of going to such a school, how this school compared with other competitive high