Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, September 24, 2012

Please help student with high-stakes testing documentary Parents United for Responsible Education

Parents United for Responsible Education » Blog Archive » Please help student with high-stakes testing documentary:


Please help student with high-stakes testing documentary

I just received this e-mail and am posting it here with permission:
My name is Ankur Singh and I am a recent high school graduate from Bloomington-Normal, IL about 3 hours south of Chicago. I’m making a feature length documentary film about how standardized testing affects students. This film is deeply personal for me since I had a really negative experience with standardized testing and desperately need to find out how other students handle it and show the world’s students that they are not alone. I solely want to focus on the students’ perspective. This film will not include interviews with education experts or teachers, this film is about the students.
I was just wondering if there were any parents who were a part of PURE who have children in Chicago that had a