Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Peer Review (and some words I never thought I’d write) | Outside the Cave

Peer Review (and some words I never thought I’d write) | Outside the Cave:

Peer Review (and some words I never thought I’d write)

Eric Nadelstern is right (I really can’t believe I just admitted that publicly):

However, you can’t empower kids until you’ve empowered their teachers to exercise leadership in classrooms, and extend their leadership to matters of curriculum, instruction and assessment.

The entire column is worth reading, and is the best concise argument for instituting peer review that I’ve seen. And while the idea of peer review makes me extremely nervous, I’m beginning to think it is a necessary step towards fully professionalizing the teaching profession.