Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, November 7, 2011

Reflections on Teaching » Blog Archive » Week 9: How much it too much, and what’s not enough?

Reflections on Teaching » Blog Archive » Week 9: How much it too much, and what’s not enough?:

Week 9: How much it too much, and what’s not enough?




number 9
One of the big adjustments in leaving a prep position with periods for a self-contained class is the change in the time I have to work with kids. I had gotten used to discrete 45-minute segments, but now have the whole day with the same class teaching multiple subjects, etc.
I still don’t feel like I have a good rhythm for the week, and I’m writing this on Monday of week 10, a day that has been my particular bête noire. I’m starting the week with WAY too much ambition, and it’s getting in the way of something really critical which is kids finishing the work, and getting feedback in some way–either through whole class correction, my