Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Barack Obamas [2011, Meet 2008] | The Jose Vilson

The Barack Obamas [2011, Meet 2008] | The Jose Vilson:

The Barack Obamas [2011, Meet 2008]

For months, possibly years, I’ve been waiting for this Barack Obama to make an appearance to the general public:

Popout

Hot-damn. The Barack Obama of 2008 made an appearance again at the MLK Memorial today to thousands of people watching in DC and on CSPAN. (For full text, here’s more.) I was not aware that any version of the President would show up to this memorial today, but if I did, I would have asked this one to come. This is the one I swung open the curtains for, the one I pulled the lever with. This is the one I cast my post-destructive-George-Bush-the-2nd upon, and whom I believed that, despite his positions on education, would improve the bottom line for those who needed this help the most. This is the same Barack Obama who I thought would walk