Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, September 15, 2011

What’s worse? A power point or a trip to the ER? « Fred Klonsky's blog

What’s worse? A power point or a trip to the ER? « Fred Klonsky's blog:

What’s worse? A power point or a trip to the ER?

After lunch I gathered the students around the table to demonstrate some techniques to be used in the project they’re working on.

I was leaning on the table on my right elbow and it felt weird. Numb. No pain. But numb.

I reached over with my left hand and felt it. It was puffy and it looked about the size of a tennis ball. Actually at that moment, it looked to me like the size of a basketball, but that probably wasn’t true.

I found another teacher who was on break to cover my class and I went down to the nurse. We still have school nurses in our district. They are an endangered species in many.

She checked it out and said it probably wasn’t serious, but that I should call my doctor when I got home. Since