Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, September 15, 2011

An Attorney's Observations of LAUSD's Rubber Rooms by Ron Lapekas, esq. - Perdaily.com

An Attorney's Observations of LAUSD's Rubber Rooms by Ron Lapekas, esq. (Observaciones de un abogado de habitaciones de goma LAUSD por Ron Lapekas, esq.) - Perdaily.com:

An Attorney's Observations of LAUSD's Rubber Rooms by Ron Lapekas, esq. (Observaciones de un abogado de habitaciones de goma LAUSD por Ron Lapekas, esq.)

jail visting room.jpeg

(Mensaje se repite en Español)

(For a national view of public education reform see the end of this blog post)

I am an attorney who was a whistleblower in the 70's. I learned the hard way that it is extremely difficult to find a lawyer who is both competent and willing to represent someone crazy enough to report wrongdoing. So, I filed my first case - my own - while I was in law school. After winning the writ proceeding, I won my first appeal during my first year of practice. All in all, it took me 12 years to clear my name. As a result, a substantial part of my practice for the past several decades has been employment law.

A few weeks ago I came into contact with Lenny Isenberg, a teacher who also was a whistleblower. He had been given a notice of dismissal and was preparing to defend himself because the attorney who originally represented