Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, July 10, 2011

This Week In Education: Update: Edelman Apologizes For "Arrogance In My Tone"

This Week In Education: Update: Edelman Apologizes For "Arrogance In My Tone"

Update: Edelman Apologizes For "Arrogance In My Tone"

Picture 61Jonah Edelman's Stand For Children has largely gotten away with a series of slip-ups and tactical mistakes over the past few months but the organization and its leader may not escape from this most recent incident entirely unscathed.

In an emailed apology Edelman confirmed to me is genuine he expresses regret for among other things "an arrogance in my tone" in remarks he made at the Aspen Ideas Festival a couple of weeks ago -- a video that I've had posted on my site since last week but others think was taken down from the Aspen site (unconfirmed).

Read on for more about the Edelman video, and the history of recent slipups of which this would seem to be just the most recent, the nagging questions about whether the Illinois law that Edelman