Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Hidden Contract of Urban Schools | Connected Principals

The Hidden Contract of Urban Schools | Connected Principals

The Hidden Contract of Urban Schools



This week, I read on the TeachPaperless blog, Shelly Blake-Plock’s post entitled “Example of a Paperless Exam”. I’ve been reading TeachPaperless for more than a year, and it’s one of my favorite blogs. Shelly has inspired me to significantly decrease my paper usage, but the posts I like the most are the one’s in which he describes what he’s teaching and how he’s assessing learning. I love the exam he offers in this post. It’s a great example of using content to apply skills, rather than the exams I see all the time, which are only assessing content, usually through matching, short answer and fill-in the blanks.

For me this exam exemplifies what I want teaching and learning to become in my district, and it also shines a