Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Charles Siler: A Former Privatizer Changes Sides | Diane Ravitch's blog

Charles Siler: A Former Privatizer Changes Sides | Diane Ravitch's blog
Charles Siler: A Former Privatizer Changes Sides




Charles Siler had excellent credentials to work in the privatization movement. In this article, he explains why he switched sides. To learn more about Charles Siler, watch this video in which I interviewed him.

Confessions of a Former Privatizer Why I Don’t Want to Eradicate Public Schools Anymore

I spent years working to privatize public schools. I realized that I was wrong, and am now proud to call myself a public education advocate.

By Charles Siler

Nearly all my life I believed public schools were obstacles to success, achievement, and social mobility for individuals and our society as a whole. And it wasn’t just schools. This was my belief about nearly all government activity. I saw government agencies as little more than hives of self-serving bureaucrats looking for ways to CONTINUE READING:  Charles Siler: A Former Privatizer Changes Sides | Diane Ravitch's blog