Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007 #BLM #BLACKLIVESMATTER #BLACKHISTORYMONTH

 Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007


Trying To Bring Research, Sanity, Teacher Expertise & Student Voice To The “Learning Loss” Discussion
The phrase “learning loss” is the latest buzz word in education circles, and I’m very concerned that the dominant narrative at this time could compound any pandemic damage we’ve all been experiencing over the past year. The question is NOT “How do we add more school time to students’ schedule post-pandemic?” The question IS “How can we best support students academically and emotionally post-pande
The Best Teaching & Learning Resources About Amanda Gorman’s Poetry
I’m embarrassed to say that I hadn’t heard of Amanda Gorman until the Inauguration. Since that time, I’ve shared some great teaching resources about that poem, and her life. And I just keep on learning more! I decided to bring them all together in one post. I’m adding this resource to The Best World Poetry Day Resources – Help Me Find More . Here they are: VIDEO FROM THE DAILY SHOW: “AMANDA GORMA
Wednesday’s Must-Read Articles On School Closings
MichaelGaida / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : After months of planning, protests and false starts, D.C. students and teachers head to classes for first time in nearly a year is from The Washington Post. The CDC released two new studies of COVID school safety. Here’s what they find. is from Chalkbeat. Here’s an excerpt: The bot
Feb. 16th Is Mardi Gras – Here Are Teaching & Learning Resources
12019 / Pixabay Mardi Gras takes place on February 16th this year. New Orleans is decorating homes instead of having parades, and I’m assuming other places around the world are doing something similar or dramatically reducing their Carnival celebrations. You might still be interested in The Best Sites To Learn About Mardi Gras & Carnivals , which I just revised and updated.
Three Accessible Ways To Search For & Find My “Best” Lists
(Note: I am going to publish this same post once each month to remind regular readers and inform newer ones about how to access my “Best” lists) As regular readers know, I have about 2,200 categorized and regularly updated “Best” lists. You can find all of them in broad categories here . The link to that page can also be found at the top right of my blog: My Best Of Series I also have them all on
Around The Web In ESL/EFL/ELL
BiljaST / Pixabay Six years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention. You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2020. Also, check out A Collection Of My Best Resources On Teaching English Language Learners. In additi
Ed Tech Digest
Nine years ago, in another somewhat futile attempt to reduce the backlog of resources I want to share, I began this occasional “” post where I share three or four links I think are particularly useful and related to…ed tech, including some Web 2.0 apps. You might also be interested in THE BEST ED TECH RESOURCES OF 2020 – PART TWO , as well as checking out all my edtech resources . Here are this w
Tuesday’s Must-Read Articles On School Reopenings
geralt / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : Missing in School Reopening Plans: Black Families’ Trust is from The NY Times. Chicago update: Mayor Lightfoot and CPS CEO say district has made progress in negotiations with the teachers union over school reopening. Remote learning will continue Tuesday and Wednesday while they try to r
Classroom Instruction Resources Of The Week
Each week, I publish a post or two containing three or four particularly useful resources on classroom instruction, and you can see them all here. Of course, this is a crazy time for “classroom” instruction…. You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES ON INSTRUCTION IN 2020 – PART TWO . Here are this week’s picks: COMIC: How To Raise Informed, Active Citizens is from NPR. Challenging your

 Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007