Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

WHAT COMES FIRST, UNITY OR JUSTICE? – Dad Gone Wild

WHAT COMES FIRST, UNITY OR JUSTICE? – Dad Gone Wild
WHAT COMES FIRST, UNITY OR JUSTICE?


“Upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.”
― Alexander the Great

 

I tell you, I could go a long time without another week like last week. Unfortunately, early indicators are that more of the same with increased peril lies ahead.

This morning I scrolled through my Twitter feed with a deepening horror, recoiling from visages of last week and reactions from both sides. What finally stopped me dead in my tracks was the following tweet, “Unity comes after there are accountability and justice.” Words that chilled me to my bone and also filled me with great sadness.

I’m not going to give the Tweet attribution to anyone, because I want the focus to be on the words and not on the author. Suffice it to say, the source ain’t your crazy uncle who lives in your basement. But rather someone I have a deep respect for, which makes it more alarming.

The words serve as a revelation of priorities. Priorities are established based on individual CONTINUE READING: WHAT COMES FIRST, UNITY OR JUSTICE? – Dad Gone Wild