Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, January 1, 2021

Fred Smith: The Night Before New Year’s | Diane Ravitch's blog

Fred Smith: The Night Before New Year’s | Diane Ravitch's blog
Fred Smith: The Night Before New Year’s



Fred Smith, assessment expert (retired from the New York City Board of Education) and part-time poet, published this poem today in the New York Daily News.

The night before New Year’s: A Message from Your President!

By FRED SMITH 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS – DEC 31, 2020

  ‘Tis the eve of the new year and in his White House

Sits a lame duck-tailed bad man with unsmiling spouse.

“This may be my last chance before my thoughts drift

To give all those who miffed me one parting gift. 

Whether I liked them or hated, they can’t escape blame,

They’re bound to be “Fired” in my blazing endgame:

To my faithless AG and once true legal goon,

I leave Barr to flame out in a hot air balloon. CONTINUE READING: Fred Smith: The Night Before New Year’s | Diane Ravitch's blog