Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, December 6, 2020

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007


Sunday’s Must-Read Articles On School Reopenings
torstensimon / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : Education Groups Urge CDC to Prioritize Teachers, School Staff for Coronavirus Vaccine is from US News. A 3-screen garage: How a Seattle math teacher makes remote learning work is from The Seattle Times. Bars or schools? How nations rank education in pandemic priorities. is from Th
Pins Of The Week
I’m fairly active on Pinterest and, in fact, have curated 22,000 resources there that I haven’t shared on this blog. I thought readers might find it useful if I began sharing a handful of my most recent “pins” each week (I’m not sure if you can see them through an RSS Reader – you might have to click through to the original post). You might also be interested in MY MOST POPULAR PINS OF 2020 Here
Classroom Instruction Resources Of The Week
Each week, I publish a post or two containing three or four particularly useful resources on classroom instruction, and you can see them all here. Of course, this is a crazy time for “classroom” instruction…. You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES ON INSTRUCTION IN 2020 – PART ONE. Here are this week’s picks: Sentences That Matter, Mentor and Motivate is from The NY Times Learning Net
A Look Back: Who Should Teachers Take Seriously When They Give Advice About Classroom Instruction?
I thought that new – and veteran – readers might find it interesting if I began sharing my best posts from over the years. You can see the entire collection here . GDJ / Pixabay This is a question I’ve been thinking about for awhile, and I’m eager to hear answers from readers. Lots of people give advice about classroom instruction, but who should we really take seriously? There seems to me some f
I’m Worried About My Students – Very Worried. And Here Is What I’m Planning To Do About It
PoseMuse / Pixabay Earlier this week, I posted FAILING GRADES SKYROCKETING FOR VULNERABLE STUDENT POPULATIONS – OUR SCHOOLS HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM. In it, I discussed what seems to be