Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Mitchell Robinson: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of Teaching in a Pandemic | Eclectablog

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of Teaching in a Pandemic | Eclectablog
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of Teaching in a Pandemic




It’s been 8 months now that many of us have been teaching and learning virtually, and I thought it might be time for a little reflection on what has worked out better than we may have expected, what is still a disaster, and everything in between. So, without further ado, I present The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of teaching in a pandemic.

Many thanks to my teacher friends on social media who helped to crowd source the following items. Hang in there, teachers…this too shall pass.

And if you have other suggestions for the list, please feel free to leave your ideas in the comments below!

The Good

  • The commute is really short
  • Real lunches are a thing
  • All day coffee
  • The Chat window is like a parallel class session
  • “Permission” to teach and do things differently without the need/expectation to perform
  • Wearing shorts to class
  • The mute button
  • The experience has heightened my sense of my students’ overall well-being — I find myself making more focused efforts to check in with students more often, and that’s one thing I hope CONTINUE READING: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of Teaching in a Pandemic | Eclectablog