Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, November 6, 2020

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

A VERY BUSY DAY
Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...
The latest news and resources in education since 2007


Big Education Ape: THIS WEEK IN EDUCATION Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007 - http://bigeducationape.blogspot.com/2020/10/this-week-in-education-larry-ferlazzos_31.html


Three Useful Posts As We Deal With The Presidential Election
Peter-Lomas / Pixabay What a week it’s been, and it shows no signs of stopping…. I’ve published three posts related to the election this week, and thought it would be helpful to bring them all together in one place. I think it’s especially useful since I’ve done some updates since the first one appeared. Here they are: Ideas & Resources About What & How To Teach The Day After The Election – Pleas
New TED-Ed Video & Lesson Is On – Of All Things – “Do larger animals take longer to pee?”
Anemone123 / Pixabay The latest TED-Ed lesson and video is on “Do larger animals take longer to pee?” I’m adding it to THE BEST VIDEOS FOR TEACHING & LEARNING ABOUT – YES – “POOP”
Ed Tech Digest
Nine years ago, in another somewhat futile attempt to reduce the backlog of resources I want to share, I began this occasional “” post where I share three or four links I think are particularly useful and related to…ed tech, including some Web 2.0 apps. You might also be interested in THE BEST ED TECH RESOURCES OF 2020 – PART TWO , as well as checking out all my edtech resources . Here are this w
Everything You Wanted To Know About Teaching Government Class But Were Afraid To Ask
Clker-Free-Vector-Images / Pixabay I have over 2,100 frequently revised and updated “Best” lists on just about every subject imaginable, and you can find them listed three different ways in three different places (see Three Accessible Ways To Search For & Find My “Best” Lists ). I’m starting to publish a series where each day I will highlight the “Best” lists in a separate category. Today, it’s o
This Week’s Resources To Support Teachers Coping With School Closures
Wokandapix / Pixabay I have a number of regular weekly features (see HERE IS A LIST (WITH LINKS) OF ALL MY REGULAR WEEKLY FEATURES ). This is a relatively new addition to that list. Some of these resources will be added to The Best Advice On Teaching K-12 Online (If We Have To Because Of The Coronavirus) – Please Make More Suggestions ! and the best will go to The “Best Of The Best” Resources To
Could Polling Errors In The 2020 Election Teach Us Something About The Use Of “Data” In Education?
I’ve posted a lot about the potential dangers of being “data-driven” and that, instead, we should look at being “data-informed” (see The Best Resources Showing Why We Need To Be “Data-Informed” & Not “Data-Driven” ). In other words, let’s not be totally focused on the “numbers” because they may lead us to the wrong decisions. A new Guardian story that came out last week, In a data-obsessed world,
SEL Weekly Update
I’ve recently begun this weekly post where I’ll be sharing resources I’m adding to The Best Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Resources or other related “Best” lists. You might also be interested in THE BEST SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING RESOURCES OF 2020 – PART ONE. Finally, check out “Best” Lists Of The Week: Social Emotional Learning Resources . Here are this week’s picks: 3 Steps to Developing an A
My Two VERY Popular Gratitude Lessons – One For ELLs, Another For More English-Proficient Students
NOTE: I’m republishing this post from 2017 since both of these lessons are always VERY popular in November leading up to Thanksgiving, and thought new readers might want to hear about them. (Editor’s Note: I originally